Become A Certified Pharmacy Benefits Specialist
Upcoming CPBS eLearning Classes
|SESSION||GET STARTED||EARLY BIRD RATE||STANDARD RATE|
|June 1, 2023
|September 7, 2023
|January 11, 2024
What our students have to say.
PANTHERx Specialty Pharmacy
InterWest Insurance Services, LLC
UNC Eshelman School of Pharmacy
German American Insurance
“I have thoroughly enjoyed and benefited from the PBM training. As you can see below by my signature, I have other designations. I can honestly say this was, by far, the most challenging certification course I’ve taken. I know I still have much more to learn, but this class has set me in the right direction.”
“I can’t express enough how invaluable your class was for me.”
Workforce Benefit Solutions
Arrow Benefits Group
Clarus Benefits Group
PSA Financial Advisors, Inc.
On-Site Rx, Inc.
“Thank you so much, Tyrone. I really enjoyed the PBM certification course and I did work really hard. Hearing your high praises means so much to me. I also appreciate the feedback you provided in the grading sheet. I will definitely keep these in mind in the future. I did get a little carried away with my 6-tiers, but I was just having too much fun with it.”
“Thanks Tyrone. You have really made a big difference for us! In all my years of doing this I don’t think any other consulting relationship that I’ve been part of has yielded the positives you have brought to the table and continue to do so. I appreciate your kind words and thank you too.”
Fresenius Medical Care North America
Kapnick Insurance Group
Benecon Group, Inc.
Upcoming CPBS eLearning Classes (Click date to register)
|SESSION||START DATE||EARLY BIRD RATE||STANDARD RATE|
|June 2, 2022
|September 1, 2022
|January 12, 2023
What is the Certified Pharmacy Benefits Specialist (CPBS) program designed for?
The CPBS training & certification includes knowledge that is critical to effective management of the pharmacy benefit and for those seeking to enter into the pharmacy benefits management industry. Each class concludes with a knowledge assessment test to help gauge student comprehension. Students are required to pass a comprehensive final exam with a score of 85% or better in order to qualify for the CPBS designation.
What’s in it for me?
- Enhance your candidacy – one out of two hiring managers prefer job applicants with CPBS training
- Stay competitive in the workforce and raise your professional value
- Network with other employee benefits professionals
- No or low out-of-pocket costs; employer may pick up portion of the costs
- Certified employees drive business goals through increased self-motivation and confidence
- Uphold or gain competitive advantage in the marketplace because of the PBM mastery held by human capital
- Internal career advancement for certified staff which reduces hiring and onboarding costs
- Clients have more confidence in the results of certified staff
What are the dates offered for the CPBS curriculum?
Should I choose to enroll will I be required to miss any workdays?
The simple answer is no for the eLearning option. The CPBS certificate course is designed to be completed around your work schedule and there is no travel involved. It is a virtual classroom with breakout sessions and on-demand recordings of live sessions in the event you’re unable to attend a session. Here are more details:
DATE : Every Thursday; live online classroom with on-demand recordings
TIME : 6 : 00 pm, Eastern Standard Time (New York, GMT-05:00)
DURATION : 1.5 hours per session – 8 sessions total
COURSE MATERIALS : Available online during the first day of class
EXAMS : Students must pass the final exam with a score of 85% or better
What is the cost for registration?
With whom can I expect to share a classroom?
Anyone who “touches” the pharmacy benefit is a good candidate and will benefit from the CPBS designation. This includes but is not limited to:
- Human Resources Executives
- Agents, Brokers & Consultants
- Insurance Executives
- Benefits Specialists
- CEOs, Founders & Owners
- CFOs, Controllers and Directors of Finance
- Pharmacists and pharmacy technicians
What are the courses being offered?
Here is a summary of the courses being offered. Be sure to download the syllabus for more detailed information such as learning objectives.
What are some of the features and benefits of the CPBS course?
- Gain deep knowledge in an industry competitors lack
- Significantly lower your client’s or organization’s pharmacy costs
- Get an edge in the competitive field of employee benefits
- Be recognized for evolving your skill set; become an expert!
- Win more clients with a unique specialization
- Virtual classroom option – no travel or missed work
- No or low out-of-pocket – Employer may pick up a portion of the cost
- Each session is recorded for on-demand viewing 24/7
Who is the lead instructor?
What happens if I enroll and later decide the course is not for me?
For the 8-week online Certified Pharmacy Benefits Specialist course, a refund of the course fee (less $100 for the eBook Training Guide) is afforded to all registered students up to 7 days upon the start of the enrolled course. If for any reason it’s not right for you, up to 7 days upon start of the course, just tell us and receive a refund (less $100 for the eBook Training Guide) of your course fee. On the 7th day, upon the start of the course, there are no refunds issued. If a course started on May 1, students would have through May 6 to receive a refund of their course fee (less $100 for the eBook Training Guide). On May 7, there would be no refund, for example. The eBook or training guide is made available for download 24 hours before the first class begins. For those groups who have registered for the in-person Knowledge Camp workshop, a 75% refund is afforded when canceling at least 45 days BEFORE the pre-training workshop begins. If canceling 44 days or less before the pre-training workshop begins there are NO REFUNDS.
If I apply for the Certified Pharmacy Benefits Leader (CPBL) certification am I required to pay both recertification fees for CPBL and CPBS?
If my company is a Certified Pharmacy Benefits Organization (CPBO), is each employee certified as a CPBS required to recertify every two years?
What is the cost for the Certified Pharmacy Benefits Organization (CPBO)?
What forms of payment do you accept?
How long after successful completion of the coursework is the certification awarded?
How long has the CPBS certification been offered?
Where can I register?
Am I able to register an entire group all at once?
- REAL EARLY BIRD : Complete registration at least 90 days before start of program and save $500!
- EARLY BIRD : Complete registration at least 45 days before start of program and save $250!
- DOUBLE BONUS : Register 2 to 10 team members at least 45 days before start of desired program and save $500 per student!
- TRIPLE BONUS : Register 11 or more team members to be trained all at once or in stages at least 45 days before start of desired program and save $750 per student!
What universities currently accept/offer this course for credit?
What organizations/associations recognize CPBS designation?
How do I apply for continuing education credit?
Can this course be included as an elective in a CEBS and/or RHU designation?
What is entailed in the registration process?
PBM Certification Programs
In support of improving patient care, this activity has been planned and implemented by the University of North Carolina(UNC)-Chapel Hill Eshelman School of Pharmacy and Pharmacy Benefit Institute of America (PBIA). The UNC-Chapel Hill Eshelman School of Pharmacy is jointly accredited by the Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education (ACPE) as a provider of continuing pharmacy education.
This application-based activity has been assigned ACPE UAN # 0046-9999-23-032-L04-P (eLearning) and ACPE UAN # 0046-9999-23-045-L04-P (Knowledge Camp Workshop) and will award 12.0 (1.20 CEUs) and 20.0 (2.00 CEUs) contact hours, respectively, of continuing pharmacy education credit in states that recognize ACPE providers.
This activity is jointly accredited by the University of North Carolina Eshelman School of Pharmacy and Pharmacy Benefit Institute of America.