Module 7: Specialty Pharmacy
Benefits Management (ONLINE)
Benefits Management (ONLINE)
Managing Director at
This is an intermediate to expert level course designed to cover relatively complex topics of pharmacy benefit management in order to provide the student with adequate foundational knowledge required for higher-level evaluation of RFPs, contracts, and overall PBM performance with emphasis on cost effectiveness. To that end, the following specific learning objectives will be achieved.
Knowing which account to use for each of your clients is critical and PBIA has created a new course to ensure you remain on the cutting edge of innovative new opportunities.
The PBIA Specialty Pharmacy Benefits Management certificate course brings all of this knowledge to one place and allows you to get the information you need through an online course. The course provides up to five hours of continuing education* and can be used as an elective for the Certified Pharmacy Benefits Specialist® (CPBS®) designation.
*Filed for continuing education in all states.
- Explain how specialty drugs are priced for contracting purposes.
- Describe the different specialty drug disease states and how they may affect plan goals.
- List pathways to specialty access.
- Map how drug benefit design applies to specialty drugs.
- Discuss key differences in the administration of specialty drugs under the pharmacy and medical benefits.
- Explain differences in utilization and cost by site of care and how plans influence use of various channels.
- Discuss and put into play best practices for optimal specialty utilization.
- Identify manufacturer strategies to increase patient utilization.
- Examine specialty distribution channels and clinical management of specialty drugs.
PBIA is recognized by SHRM to offer Professional Development Credits (PDCs) for SHRM-CP® or SHRM-SCP®. This program is valid for up to 5 PDCs for the SHRM-CP® or SHRM-SCP®. For more information about certification or recertification, please visit www.shrmcertification.org.
The cost of the Specialty Pharmacy Benefits Management certificate course is $525 for members and $595 for non-members which includes online instruction, a final exam, training guide, and continuing education credits, if applicable. Upon completion, the student will receive a certificate of completion for Specialty Pharmacy Benefits Management. There are no refunds for any self-study programs. Discounts are offered to PBIA Corporate Partners and company groups over 25. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for a quote.
Course instruction will be delivered through GoToTraining. For everything you need to know from creating an account to purchasing and accessing your course to taking the final exam, click here to access the user guide.
The PBIA Specialty Pharmacy Benefits Management Certificate course is an elective of the Certified Pharmacy Benefits Specialist® (CPBS®) designation. Earning the CPBS designation elevates your credibility as a professional and prepares you to climb the corporate ladder and best serve your clients or members. By completing the PBIA Specialty Pharmacy Benefits Management Certificate course you will be one step closer to obtaining the designation. Click here to access more information about the CPBS designation, including the learning objectives and curriculum.